06 October, 2013

Heavy Is The Neck That Wears The Lanyard

fig. 1-1 My office chair does not look like this....

  It seems like most jobs I've had, it turns out that I usually end up being the one who needs to ferret out corruption within the ranks.

  I know, I know, it's not like I'm a knight in some giant army in the dark ages. I got that. I'm actually just some upper level manager that works at a normal non-profit.

   But what does bug me, is that usually wherever I end up working there's always a handful of staff that work to subvert the rules and do what they want to do. Anywhere from stealing to simply just being shitty supervisors, because apparently they never figure anyone is ever paying attention.

  Well guess what chumps. One of my professional radish-snappers is people that refuse to play by the rules (aka policies) and decide to make the workplace their personal play space.

  Last week I launched an Inquisition-level investigation into a really shady supervisor, and as the result, found out that there's a ring of employees that are engaging in all sorts unethical goodness. So this up coming week, I get to polish up my "you're so fired" skills and get to see if I'll remain undefeated in denying people unemployment.

  Yaaaaaayyy?? 

No comments: