23 April, 2008

"Somebody, Anybody, Start A War Hey!"

Productivity and relative business in most jobs is now measured in terms of how many emails you've recieved throughout the day. This was both true for me in the Army and currently in HR land.

In such, email often has an ebb and flow about it, meaning that somedays I'll get hammered with 30+ emails, and other days (like today), I'll get all of 10 emails.

I live for the busy days. Mostly for the fact that it helps me justify my existance, however, it also prevents me from looking at the clock every 5 minutes and just putting off going home in my head for what seems to be forever.

On slow days, I usually try to get to at least one "would-be-nice-to-do" project in the office, maybe read some HR related articles on current events, and have a tendancy to occasionally check the "Rants and Raves" section of Craigslist.

Slows days also make me curious to know how many other people doing the white collar 9 to 5 thing are facing this same issue on some days...

No comments: